วันเสาร์ที่ 8 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2557

Gettlng to know you

Bed Sheets turns the spotlight on our Bed World Card members

What's your favourite noise? It's got to be the sound of four or five ice cubes in a cocktail shaker along with three or four spirits and a mixer or two, then I always start to feel better. Its a Pavlovian response thing for me.

What's your least favourite noise? This one is entirely personal and I know it doesnt bother other people the way it bothers me. I HATE people whistling along to music in pubs and bars! lm sure if John Lennon or Jimi Hendrix thought their songs needed a guy whistling on it, they'd have added one! (Actually John Lennon did on his Jealous Guy song- Ed)

What would you change if we gave you the chance do change anything? After 10 years in Thailand, l'd love to see honest politicians working for the benefit of their own country. I see Thailand being left behind because of a lack of coherent, workable policies, especially concerning education. Thai people deserve better.

What turns you on creatively? Words. I'm a writer at heart, my dad writes short stories for Thai magazines and newspapers. I'm his unpaid editor/proof reader. I'm about halfway through writing my own novel, he can't wait to get his revenge. Also when l'm watching a movie, it's always the script that fires me up rather than the actors or the score.

When have you never been so wrong? I can't believe l'm telling you this, but I once signed up for muay thai lessons. I thought l'd picked the perfect teacher - ex-monk, trained with US Marine Corps. One day he invited me to his house for dinner and then asked me to sleep with his wife, while he watched from the sidelines! lt was difficult to refuse - the man was a trained killer, but eventually I made my excuses and left, unmolested.

If you could dine at bed with two celebrities who would fey be? ls this one of those 'alive or dead people' questions? Ok easy.. I'll take Elvis Presley alive and Justin Bieber dead.

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would if be? That would have to be Charley Brown's fajitas, I know it's a shameless plug, but we use so many fresh ingredients, I can make it taste different every time and l'd need some of our awesome margaritas, too.
Charley Brown's fajitas

If someone wrote a biography about you, what should the title be? Well, l'd probably write it myself (to protect the innocent) but it would be called Sorry - I Was Joking..

Mostly How would you describe your best night out in three words? Friends, music and bed (l'm not brown-nosing here, most of my best nights out involve bed Supperclub at some point.) 

What's the best thing about living in Thailand? Randomness. You meet so many amazing, interesting people in the oddest places. A quiet drink on a Monday night can quickly turn into an all-night party that ends in some cool little bar you've never been to before. My New Years Eve finished at 10am, wearing jeans in a swimming pool drinking breakfast beers with eight strangers and two friends.

What's Thailand's best kept secret? Part of me doesn't want to say, 'cos l like that it's a secret but Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. The difference is, you need to sleep over the night before, wake up at 5am and see the market in the dawn mist before all the tourists get there and ruin it. And then you can come back to Bangkok on the Grand Canal in a long-tailed boat. It's a fantastic experience.


Damnoen Saduak Floating Market

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น